Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finished!



This is a Cocoa holder and money card that I made for the fabulous ladies that work at our Lutheran Child care center. These ladies are great and they always take extra great care of my kiddos. I hope they don't see this before I get a chance to give it tomorrow.


I found the template on line, but after I tried to make it I had to redesign it. So, I will let you know that this one is not for the easily frustrated.

First, I started with a 8 1/2 X 10 1/2 piece of Bazzill Cardstock.
I used the green from the Reece Cardstock Collection, and the Red
for the mono pack.
Next, you score the cardstock in the landscape position at 1/2,
3 1/2, 4, 7 & 7 1/2.
Then, flip the cardstock to portrait position and score at 1/2, 1,
7 1/2 & 8.






As you can see from this picture I made all the score marks then cut and removed the excess. Now, when you fold the score marks starting at the left they will go, valley, valley, valley, valley and final fold will be mountain. This makes the inside section. Be sure to use red line tape to secure the box section. It makes a nice and tight hold that you will not have to worry about coming lose.






Then, the fun, decorating and putting the finish touches on them. I used the Christmas Circle set along with the Label lingo. The paper is from the retired Vintage Holiday collection from tac. I love this paper, I really wish they would bring it out of retirement. I used an assortment of circle, oval and scallop punches. Tied them together with brown scrappers floss and finished the project with a little glitz from crystal stickles.

Now, they are ready for delivery.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow you have been busy! These look fantastic! I'm sure they will love them : )